Thursday, April 14, 2011

Across the sea # 6: Love American EP



Love American EP
By Aiko Ilagan

Best things come out in a box of coagulated new musical experiments. Love American is a post-hardcore/screamo band that hails from the valleys of Southern California. Their music reminds me of music tempos of old school Jawbox thrown to the mixture of post-hardcore which then meets Converge meets Pianos Become the Teeth with the frayed keen vocals. 

Love American’s self-titled EP proves the clarity of ardent, passionate vocals, the notable powerful guitar dynamics and fluid song writing. Their opening song, Where’s My Cash, Johnny, displays the spectacular consistency of remorseless, ragged and roaring vocals of Javier Ramirez, which will be more relentless and powerful as you go along the album. “Then/Than”, Ramirez sung to a cease to share vocals with Natalie Diaz of Modern American Theatre, pops a little surprise of female vocals added on track. More prominent in album are the guitar riffs which are indeed genius work. 

I myself like this EP because of its eagerness to display a burst of potential and all I can do is to excite myself. My praises for the great vocals and authentic guitar work. The unbound potentiality is worthy of an LP in the band’s years to come. I somehow anticipate one in the future.

Love American EP and song lyrics is free for all to download at this site by entering any amount or 0.00:

www.loveamerican.bandcamp.com 


Check their Facebook page as well at http://www.facebook.com/loveamerican.gov
ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment