Sunday, January 30, 2011

Across the sea #3: Hour of the Wolf: Decomposition Vol.1 LP

Hour of the Wolf is a band from Prescott Arizona, already released several EP’s under different labels. Honestly I am not aware of their brand of music, until I was able to listen to this album.  Thanks to Jenny Jensen of Think Fast! Records for sending me this material.  The first time I listened to Decomposition Vol. 1 it reminds me a lot of old school punk bands like Misfits and Black Flag. I started doing some research about this band and the two bands that I mentioned was their main influence. No wonder they sounded like this. "Decomposition Volume 1" is one half of a complete collection from 'The Wolf and Volume2 will be release sometime this year. Hour of the Wolf also did some covers on this full length like Fix me by Black Flag, Fall of all the American by The Nerve Agents, Breakin’ a memory by Kid Dynamite and I want to be your dog by The Stooges. Alternative Press also described their latest output as a "virtually perfect blend of fever, passion and raucousness". These guys are not pleasing anyone on this record but I am pleased to recommend this release to all of you. So if you like old school punk, you should go and get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment